Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. 17-0

Mr. 17-0

Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook Empty
PostSubject: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 8:24 pm

You can choose to pick either the 4-4 or the 4-2-5 with this depending on what you like and what your more comfortable with. Just call cover 1 and hot route the yellow zone to a QB spy, as soon as the ball hands off he will get at the RB anyway he can and if that fails he will at least do enough to keep the yards down....what i like to do is user the FS and AT ALL COSTS do not let the RB bounce outside, just play a sort of outside contain and i promise you wont give up a long run. i gave up 1 70 yard TD run in my last game and that was the first time its happend in 10 or 15 games so its a very good safe run D.

another really good thing to do is if somebody comes out in a twins set (2 WR on one side). for this exapmle ill say the 2 WR are on the left side (of the screen) then put the yellow in a QB spy, and put the OLB on the side of the WR on a blitz. that will help blow up any sort of counter run and force things twards the QB spy
Back to top Go down
CJ

CJ

PostSubject: Re: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 8:59 pm

Thank you for this. I'm horrible at stopping the run out of 4-2-5 even though it's one of the best.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook EmptySeptember 24th 2010, 11:34 am

great tip Canes.

i run the 425 Dbook as well. here is one of my "outside" run stoppers:

425: Normal / Double Outs

-Pinch the D-Line
-Flare (crash) the D-Line Outward
-QB Contain both SSs and move them outside the DEs
-User the FS to clean up

*Note: don't let the runner get to the outside!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
CJ

CJ

PostSubject: Re: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook EmptySeptember 24th 2010, 5:33 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
great tip Canes.

i run the 425 Dbook as well. here is one of my "outside" run stoppers:

425: Normal / Double Outs

-Pinch the D-Line
-Flare (crash) the D-Line Outward
-QB Contain both SSs and move them outside the DEs
-User the FS to clean up

*Note: don't let the runner get to the outside!

~Mili

Great play Mili!
Back to top Go down
datkillad

PostSubject: Re: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook EmptyJune 5th 2011, 11:59 pm

how do you stop the wishbone set out of the multiple playbook my freind kills me with ohio state and pryor all day and I cant stop it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook   Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Run D with the 4-2-5 playbook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: NCAA Football 11 :: NCAA Defensive Strategies & Tips-
Jump to: