Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Man Coverage Beaters

Go down 
+4
XxNiGhTmArE6xX
longhorns5
timschroeder546
CJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ

CJ

Man Coverage Beaters Empty
PostSubject: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 4th 2010, 12:57 am

I know some people have a hard time beating man coverage, but here are a few routes that I've learned beat a man press.

Circus route, or the C route as some call it. The HB it usually on this route, and it kills man coverage due to the cuts out of the backfield.

Smart Route posts also work due to your WR cutting then pretty much running a diagonal streak toward the middle of the field. These are a great way to get big yards against a cover 0.

Drags are one of the most known man and zone beaters, but they never go for big yards as you hope. What you should do is combine routes to try and mess up the DB guarding the drag so he can go for a big gain.

Combo routes also work well to beat man. Usually working from a bunched set like Shotgun Tight can work well against most man coverages.
Back to top Go down
timschroeder546

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 4th 2010, 3:13 am

i have found that routes like four verticals, (a deep drag) also are very effective at beating man coverage
Back to top Go down
longhorns5

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 3:08 am

i think the best pass play is four verticals with the TE on a drag (found on almost any pb) it can beat the man and zone coverage
Back to top Go down
XxNiGhTmArE6xX

XxNiGhTmArE6xX

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 14th 2010, 12:53 pm

With Man D being so tuff this year I found that the crossing Collision routes work decent such as a Post and A Coner,, Double Drags,,, and even a In and a Out... but theres always the great shake route such as Nebraska's Ace Jumbo TE shake... or you could go with a shotty tight or bunch formation and run the mesh 95% time the quick out is open against man right after the snap.... If he's playin fierce D then you could always go with a deep coner with a user catch- takes a little more skill but pretty productive... and as someone else metioned the smart routed post route...
Back to top Go down
xELiTEx

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 16th 2010, 12:13 pm

XxNiGhTmArE6xX wrote:
With Man D being so tuff this year I found that the crossing Collision routes work decent such as a Post and A Coner,, Double Drags,,, and even a In and a Out... but theres always the great shake route such as Nebraska's Ace Jumbo TE shake... or you could go with a shotty tight or bunch formation and run the mesh 95% time the quick out is open against man right after the snap.... If he's playin fierce D then you could always go with a deep coner with a user catch- takes a little more skill but pretty productive... and as someone else metioned the smart routed post route...

That's easy to stop. Don't press coverage. or make cover 4 out of dime 326 one of your audibles and audible into it if your opponent is throwing crossing routes.
Back to top Go down
XxNiGhTmArE6xX

XxNiGhTmArE6xX

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 16th 2010, 12:17 pm

ELITE I never said that crossing routes can't be stoped.... everything can be stopped... it's a question of what do you try to stop... pick your poison+plus i'd just pound the rock all day as long as ur in a 3-2-6....
Back to top Go down
xELiTEx

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 16th 2010, 12:19 pm

lmao iight i know i play outta dime that sacks underceneter everytime.
Back to top Go down
Ample Bosoms

Ample Bosoms

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 16th 2010, 2:30 pm

xELiTEx wrote:
lmao iight i know i play out
ta dime that sacks underceneter everytime.

we dont care revis

go back to your shitty site
Back to top Go down
ShOt-GuNFaCeLiFt

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyAugust 19th 2010, 7:18 pm

i was playing a guy who picked the gators last night and i could not beat his man coverage for the life of me. my slants didn't work, smart routing post routes didn't work drags didn't work. he had my wrs locked up all game. thought i was going to lose after going down by 10 in the third. luckily he was terrible offensively and ran the same two plays all game. my defense saved me. anyone else have problems against the gators?
Back to top Go down
bigstarboyakins

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters EmptyDecember 27th 2010, 4:58 pm

yeah the gators the tide and the long horns for saome reason man coverage is like glue with the right defense the cbs run better routes than the wrs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man Coverage Beaters   Man Coverage Beaters Empty

Back to top Go down

Man Coverage Beaters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: NCAA Football 11 :: NCAA Offensive Strategies & Tips-
Jump to: